Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Over The Top

...and me without a picture. I guess I should have been thinking ahead and taken a camera.

Kroger had a promotion this week that they called "Meat Mania". It starts today and lasts a week. One of the items in the flier was Chicken (in 10 pound packages) for 39 cents a pound.

I went to one Kroger and cleaned out the meat case (80 pounds). I also grabbed 4 pounds of Oscar Meyer Salami.

I then drove to the other side of town where there is another Kroger. I found the case but there was only a single 10 pound package so I took a trip to the meat counter.

"Do you have any more 10 pound bags of Chicken?" I asked. "We should have more in the back, how much do you need?"

"How about 15 packages"

"Those are 10 pound packages! Are you sure you want 15 more of them?"

I grinned and shook my head. 16 minutes later I was helping the ACO folks stock 254 pounds of meat on their shelves (the chicken came in 40 pound cases so I got 4 of those plus the bag I already had in my cart). I need to update the totals but I'm pretty sure this puts me over 1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment