Monday, February 15, 2010

Do I Dare Step Over The Line?

I pondered this for a while. I want to approach my friends in an effort to try and involve them in my meat project but I know I don't like it when people come to me begging for this or that.

I don't want to alienate anyone but at the same time, most of the people I surround myself with are good people and maybe I wouldn't offend them.

Then it happened.

Someone on facebook had a group called "I don't care about your farm, or your fish, or your park, or your mafia!!!"

...and then it hit me...

I get spammed all the time by folks I love as they ask me to play their on-line games and I don't dis-own them. Maybe turn about is fair play...so I did it.

I decided to write on the walls of 10 people that I was "close enough" to. (It turned out to be more like 15 walls). I posted the following:

I'm trying to get 1000 pounds of meat donated to help feed people. Here's all you need to do - buy some meat, donate it (soup kitchen, homeless shelter, food bank, something like that), write me back and tell me what kind you donated (beef, pork, chicken, aardvark, whatever), and how much it weighed. If you take a picture and send that too it's even better but the donation is what I'm really all about.

We're not just helping the poor. Folks are losing their jobs right and left. I figure that "there, but for the grace of God go I". Do it for me, do it because it's right, do it and talk about me behind my back but PLEASE DO IT.

Thanks in advance!!

(P.S. You can watch the meat progress at (http://1000poundsofmeat.blogspot.com/)

Did I write on yours? Are you going to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment