Friday, February 5, 2010

Welcome

A short time ago I got exposed to a web site called The Penny Experiment which is oriented toward providing food for the poor (if you want more detail follow the link and read the site).

Long story short, I got caught up in part of the concept. The part that called to me was all about feeding folks by donating to local food banks, soup kitchens, and food pantries.

I immediately jumped to action, purchased an FFA project (hog) to donate and started my own quest to donate food. Before I knew it I was unloading over a hundred pounds of spiral sliced hams at the local food donation center (and that doesn't include the pig that I pick up and take to the food bank tomorrow).


If you read the article about the 100 pounds of ham, you would learn that I caught a sale at Krogers and cleaned out the meat case. I spent around $80 and donated over $350 worth of ham.

That started my thinking. Why stop at 100. Why not come up with a thousand pounds of meat for folks that are struggling? Why not ten thousand pounds?

No good answer for why not. The question then turned from "why" to "how" and the 1000 Pounds of meat blog (yes - this one) was born.

Would you like to participte and help me with my quest? The first step is easy (and won't const you any time or money) - just subscribe to (and follow) this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment